Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Marketing at 'Ruminations'

A famous Jewish saying says that people who correctly attrribute sayings hasten the arrival of the Messiah. I don't know why this might be so. Nor, unfortunately, can I tell you who originated the following. Tova got it from Dvora who got it from Carol, if that helps. If anyone knows, feel free to tell me and I'll do my bit of encouraging the Messiah to come already. Until then, if you can follow the Yinglish, enjoy. If you can't, I suggest that next time you're about to be born (reborn? reincarnated?), you request to be stationed in an environment that contains Yiddish.

The Management
--------------------------------------------
Chumra of the Week

1 comment:

Lydia McGrew said...

Even without Yiddish, I can figure out that this bears some similarities to a notice put up anonymously at the fundamentalist Bible college I attended. (Rumor had it that my future husband was involved somehow, he belonging to a group of known "young Turks," but rumor has never been confirmed or denied.) It had all these rules for being sure to wear nerdy clothes and finished up with the sentence, "Now, once again, people will be able to look at you and say, 'There goes a Christian!'"